Head Turner Fragrance For MenChristian Havlicheck
When it comes to fragrances, the scent is not just a collection of carefully selected raw materials. It has the power to evoke a certain memory or emotion, to express an idea, a feeling, or a mood.
A scent can communicate something about you. Designer fragrances for men are as popular as ever, and everybody wants the right fragrance for the right occasions.
The best men designer fragrance is categorized based on composition is:
Eau de parfum (EDP) has the highest concentration, and the richest fragrance contains around 18-20% of perfume. It has a much deeper base and provides long-lasting effects of about 8-10 hours.
Eau de toilette (EDT) is all about freshness, cleanliness, and regular use with gentle use and contains about 8-15% of perfume. EDT has no long-lasting effect on the skin but gives a beautiful smell before fading, which provides freshness for about 5-6 hours.
Eau de cologne (EDC) has the lowest perfume oil concentration of about 2-4%, long-last about 2-3 hours.
To test any men’s designer fragrance, you need to spray it on your skin from six inches away to allow the alcohol to begin to evaporate and the raw materials to disperse. Fragrance needs heat and moisture to disperse, and as different men have different levels of heat, moisture, and oils in the skin, fragrance effects changes accordingly.
Allow the fragrance to dry on the skin because if you smell immediately, you will only smell alcohol.
Just like women’s fragrance, there are several fragrance families for men and are categories by single notes, group of notes, and olfactory characteristics
- Woody: in this, wood-based smells are used like cedarwood, sandalwood, vetiver, and amber
- Fruity fragrances often add masculine notes (sambac, sandalwood, cedarwood, and musk) to balance the fruits like plum, apple, pear, berry, or even tomato.
- Citrus and herbal: herbal fragrance uses lavender, sage, mint, rosemary, etc., gives crisp, aromatic, and clean fragrance. In contrast, citrus gives fresh, refreshing, and sporty bouquet using mandarin, orange, lemon, or grapefruit.
Some of the best designer fragrance of all times are:
- Dior Eau Sauvage(1966)
- Acqua Di Parma Colonia(1916)
- 4711 By Maurer & Wirtz (Formerly Mülhens)
- Chanel Allure Homme Sport
- Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
- Acqua di Gio Pour Homme
Like clothing, the fragrance is mainly contextual, working best when it perfectly suits the occasion.